- 1 Madras Institute of Technology Chennai Admission 2018
- 1.1 Established Year: 1949
- 1.2 About Us:
- 1.3 Facilities:
- 1.4 NAAC Grade: A
- 1.5 Ranking: AAAA
- 1.6 Courses Offered:
- 1.7 Why Join Madras Institute of Technology
- 1.8 Placements:
- 1.9 Top Visiting Companies
- 1.10 Admission Procedure:
- 1.11 Eligibility Criteria:
- 1.12 Important Dates:
- 1.13 How to Apply:
- 1.14 TNEA Merit List:
- 1.15 TNEA 2018 Counselling:
- 1.16 Contact Details:
- 2 Madras Institute of Technology Chennai Admission 2018
- 3 REGISTER NOW !
- 4 Admission Procedure, Fees Structure, Eligibility, Application Process
- 5 LEAVE YOUR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ADMISSION PROCEDURE , APPLICATION , ELIGIBILITY , INFRASTRUCTURE , CUT OFF WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ..
Madras Institute of Technology Chennai Admission 2018
Established Year: 1949
Madras Institute of Technology (MIT), Chennai was established in 1949 by Shri.C.Rajam. 2018 admssions started.It was the rare genius and daring of its founder that made MIT offer courses like Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Electronics Engineering and Instrument Technology for the first time in our country. Now it also provides technical education in other engineering fields such as Rubber and Plastic Technology & Production Technology. It was merged with Anna University in the year 1978.
The broad-based education, coupled with practice-oriented training in their speciality, has enabled the students of MIT to handle with skill and success a wide variety of technical problems. The Madras Institute of Technology has developed into an important centre of Engineering education and earned an excellent reputation both in India and abroad.MIT had received many awards which includes an award for the Best Overall Performance, awarded by Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE) during the year 1999.
The MIT Campus Hostels has been excelling in providing good ambience and perfect accommodation for students who come from different states and social backgrounds. The hostel is positioned inside the campus that helps students in engaging in academics and several extra and co curricular activities without any discomfort or time constraints. Separate accommodation and mess is being provided for boys and girls with a wide range of facilities which ranges from free-WI-FI to Meditation hall. MIT Campus Hostels can accommodate around 2300 students.
1. Separate vegetarian and non-vegetarian kitchens.
2. Steam Cooking .
3. Three dining halls with a total seating capacity of about 500 students.
4. All dining halls have granite top dining tables, water coolers, pest traps, UV lamps and music playback facilities .
5. Student mess committee decides the menu and monitors the purchases. Mess bill is calculated based on the principle of dividing system .
6. A reverse Osmosis water treatment plant of capacity 500 lt/hr supplies hygienic water to the entire campus.
1. Xerox center with three copier machines.
2. STD/PCO booth with three BSNL lines.
3. Telephone coin boxes located at 5 different places.
4. Laundry service.
5. Hostel Library with about 1000 books and 20 magazines.
6. Indoor and outdoor game facilities.
7. Co-operative stores (Stationeries , Toiletries , Eatables )
Health Centre is committed to promoting the health and wellness of the campus community by providing high-quality prevention, education, and treatment services. The medical, counseling, and health promotion services are designed to help you stay healthy or get better so that you can minimize disruptions caused by injury and illness. The Health Centre aims to enhance the healthcare experience of the MIT campus community by providing healthcare with respect, consideration and confidentiality. Please review this website or reach out to the Heath Centre staff for details of healthcare resources, prevention methods, health education and general healthcare guidance.
NAAC Grade: A
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer Technology
- Production technology
- Rubber & Plastics Technology
Why Join Madras Institute of Technology
- Autonomous institute
- Grade ‘A’ accreditation by NAAC
- Collaborative research with Universities and R&D organizations in India and abroad
- Organizes National/International conferences, workshops and seminars
- Provides provides e-learning through online Web and Video courses through NPTEL
The institute has placement coordinators that organize seminars and workshops to map out future possibilities, tap into the hidden job market, build a professional resume, improve interview skills and learn how to negotiate a better salary. Some of the companies where MIT, Anna University students are placed includes ACC Concrete, Thane, ACC Limited, Mumbai, Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd, Amazon, Kansai, Apollo Tyres, Asiana Hotels, TATA Consulting Engineers Limited, Yamaha Motors etc.
Top Visiting Companies
- Bharti Airtel
- JK Tyres
- ACC Ltd.
- Yamaha Motor Company
- UltraTech Cements
- TATA Consulting Engineers Ltd.
- Sesa Goa Limited
- Royal Enfield, Thiruvottiyur
- Paypal India
- ACC Concrete Ltd.
Admission to all undergraduate courses ie. Bachelors in Engineering (B.E.) are carried out through the single window system of the Anna University. Students can choose the courses based upon the state-wise rank calculated by their marks in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the Department of Education, Government of TamilNadu.
Reservations are provided for BC/MBC/DNC/SC/ST etc as per the rules of the Government of TamilNadu.
Reservations are also provided for Physically handicapped / Ex-Service men / Sports persons / Other state candidates.
B.Arch Degree Admission:
Candidates having passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination with 50% marks as aggregate. , having Mathematics as a subject of study and obtained 80 marks out of 200 in NATA(National Aptitude Test for Architecture) test in any one of the attempt.
TNEA Admission process will commence after the counselling is over. Candidates have to report in the allotted colleges and submit the fees and complete the admission formalities.Candidates will have to verify there documents in the respective colleges and then pay the admission fees.
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) was conducted by Anna University previously. But from the few years there will be no entrance exam for admission in various engineering colleges. The candidates will get the admission on the basis of their class XII percentage. The candidates who are meeting the eligibility criteria will be eligible for the undergraduate courses offered by the various engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu. In this article we are providing the information about TNEA 2018.
Candidates have to check their eligibility first and then proceed to fill the application form. The TNEA eligibility criteria are given here:
- Candidates, those belong to the Tamil Nadu state & complete their 10+2 education from the state is eligible.
- Candidates, those don’t belong to the Tamil Nadu state, but pass their 10+2 education from the state can apply.
- Native candidate of Tamil Nadu who passes their 10+2 examination from another state can also apply but they have to submit a valid nativity certificate.
- Children of central government employees can also apply for the admission process. They have to show their parents/guardians native certificates who have been serving in Tamil Nadu for last five years continuously.
- Daughters & Son of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre Officers can also apply for this exam.
- Age Limit:Candidate’s age should be not less than 18 years & not exceed 25 years.
- Relaxation:There is an age relaxation for the reserved category as per the university rules.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to complete their 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM as a compulsory subject from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score 50% marks (General Category), 45% marks (OBC Category) & 40% marks (MBC, DNC, SC, ST & SCA Category).
Here, we are providing a tentative schedule of TNEA 2018 admission:
|Notification Release Date||In the month of April 2018|
|Application form Availability Date||3rd week of April 2018|
|Form Filling Last Date||Last week of May 2018|
|Merit/Rank List Publication Date||4th week of June 2018|
|Counselling Started||4th week of June 2018|
How to Apply:
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Merit List:
The admission into engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu will be based on class 12th Percentage. Candidates, those scores good marks in 10+2 examination, the priority will be given to them. On the basis of 12th percentage, the authority will release rank list. The TNEA Results/rank list will be published in the 4th week of June 2018. Candidates will get admission in the engineering Institution on the basis of the merit list.
TNEA 2018 Counselling:
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Contact : 044-22516002
Madras Institute of Technology Chennai Admission 2018
Admission Procedure, Fees Structure, Eligibility, Application Process
LEAVE YOUR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ADMISSION PROCEDURE , APPLICATION , ELIGIBILITY , INFRASTRUCTURE , CUT OFF WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ..
Madras Institute of Technology Chennai Review 2018
Madras Institute of Technology Chennai Review 2018
Madras Institute of Technology shall contribute to the educational, economic and social development.By producing students who are intellectually and technically equipped with well defined knowledge, skills and ethics, who are creative thinkers, inspiring leaders and contributing citizens.By introducing high quality academic and research programmes and providing extension services in cutting edge technologies.