- 1 SONA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY ADMISSION 2018
- 1.1 About Us:
- 1.2 Facilities:
- 1.3 Courses Offered:
- 1.4 Why join Sona College of Technology
- 1.5 Placements:
- 1.6 Admission Procedure:
- 1.7 B.Arch Degree Admission:
- 1.8 Eligibility Criteria:
- 1.9 Age Criteria:
- 1.10 Important Dates:
- 1.11 How to Apply:
- 1.12 TNEA Merit List:
- 1.13 TNEA 2018 Counselling:
- 1.14 Contact Details:
- 2 SONA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY ADMISSION 2018
- 3 REGISTER NOW !
- 4 Admission Procedure, Fees Structure, Eligibility, Application Process
- 5 LEAVE YOUR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ADMISSION PROCEDURE , APPLICATION , ELIGIBILITY , INFRASTRUCTURE , CUT OFF WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ..
SONA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY ADMISSION 2018
Sona College of Technology is a college located in Salem, Tamil Nadu, India,2018 admissoins started. It is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) of the government of India, NBA accredited and ISO certified, recognized by UGC under Section 2f & 12B of the UGC Act.It gained autonomous status in 2012.
The vision of Sona College of Technology is to become an institute of great repute, in the fields of science, applied science, engineering, technology and management studies, by offering a full range of programs of global standard, to foster research, and to transform the students into globally competent personalities. Their mission is to establish state-of-the-art facilities and resources required to achieve excellence in teaching-learning, and supplementary processes, provide opportunity to the students and bring out their inherent talent and offer Continuing education, and Non-formal vocational education programs that are beneficial to the society.
Institute infrastructure is well equipped with all modern facilities.
All labs are equipped with latest facilities.
Extra – Curricular Facilities
The Library has developed an excellent collection of books, journals and non-book material in science, engineering, technology, humanities, social sciences and management. It maintains separate collections of Reference Books, Bound volumes of journals, Technical Reports, Theses, Video Cassettes, Compact Discs and Micro forms. The library is using Autolib OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue), wherein the users can search the Library Online Catalogue by Author’s name, title, subject, and keywords available on the campus LAN.
Separate hostel facilities are available for boys and girls. The hostel provides accommodation for all the needy students. The rooms are furnished with table, chair, cot and fan.
Under Graduate Degree:
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Textile Technology (Fashion Technology)
Post Graduate Degree:
M.E. – Computer Science and Engineering
M.E. – Software Engineering
M.E. – VLSI Design
M.E. – Product Design and Development
M.E. – Power Electronics and Drives
M.E. – Power System Engineering
M.E. – Engineering Design
M.E. – Communication Systems
M.E. – Structural Engineering
M.Tech. – Information Technology
MBA – Master of Business Administration
MCA – Master of Computer Applications
Why join Sona College of Technology
- Placements provided with reputed companies and has been able to provide 100% placements for the year 2015
- Ranked 47thamong ‘Top 50 Engineering Institutions in India’ including the IITs, NITs and Universities by Ministry of HRD, 2016
- Various management, private and government scholarships schemes provided to meritorious and deserving students
- UGC recognized
- Autonomous institution
- Affiliated to Anna University and approved by AICTE
- ISO 9001:2008 certified institute
- Grade ‘A’ accreditation by NAAC
- NBA accredited for CE, CSE, ECE, IT department
- Collaborations with National/ International institutes and industries for R&D, training, development, consultancy, etc.
- Provides campus connect program with top corporates
- 33+ R&D laboratories with cutting edge technology
- Promotes Entrepreneurship Development amongst students
Placement training plays a major role in shaping up the career goals of students. It is the dream of every engineering student to get placed in a top organization visiting their campus for recruitment. Keeping this key aspect into consideration, it is realized that training is important for engineering students to enhance their employability skills and achieve good placement in various Industries.
At present, the competition for employment is increasing every day and placement has become a challenging task. Training of students and equipping them with life skills has become an important responsibility of the institution. Along with technical expertise, development of a holistic personality is also necessary. To meet out these requirements, a fully fledged training cell is operating in our college to enhance the capabilities of engineering graduates on par with the industry standards.
The prime objective of the Training Cell is
- To look for 100% employment for all students.
- To recognize the core competencies of the students.
- To train the students to meet the expectations of the industry through our Career Development Programmes.
- To build confidence in students and develop right attitude in them and
- To enhance their communication skills.
Training Activities :
- Create awareness about “career planning” and “career mapping” among the students.
- Equip the student with life skills.
- Train the students on “Personality development”.
- Organize Various Training Programmes to train the students in the areas of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Verbal reasoning through the reputed external training organizations and in-house trainers.
- Trainthe students through Mock Interviews to perform well in the professional interviews as per the expectations of the corporate world.
- Train the students on group discussion techniques
- Conduct online tests and written aptitude tests.
Admission to all undergraduate courses ie. Bachelors in Engineering (B.E.) are carried out through the single window system of the Anna University. Students can choose the courses based upon the state-wise rank calculated by their marks in Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the Department of Education, Government of TamilNadu.
Reservations are provided for BC/MBC/DNC/SC/ST etc as per the rules of the Government of TamilNadu.
Reservations are also provided for Physically handicapped / Ex-Service men / Sports persons / Other state candidates.
B.Arch Degree Admission:
Candidates having passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination with 50% marks as aggregate. , having Mathematics as a subject of study and obtained 80 marks out of 200 in NATA(National Aptitude Test for Architecture) test in any one of the attempt.
TNEA Admission process will commence after the counselling is over. Candidates have to report in the allotted colleges and submit the fees and complete the admission formalities.Candidates will have to verify there documents in the respective colleges and then pay the admission fees.
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) was conducted by Anna University previously. But from the few years there will be no entrance exam for admission in various engineering colleges. The candidates will get the admission on the basis of their class XII percentage. The candidates who are meeting the eligibility criteria will be eligible for the undergraduate courses offered by the various engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu. In this article we are providing the information about TNEA 2018.
Candidates have to check their eligibility first and then proceed to fill the application form. The TNEA eligibility criteria are given here:
- Candidates, those belong to the Tamil Nadu state & complete their 10+2 education from the state is eligible.
- Candidates, those don’t belong to the Tamil Nadu state, but pass their 10+2 education from the state can apply.
- Native candidate of Tamil Nadu who passes their 10+2 examination from another state can also apply but they have to submit a valid nativity certificate.
- Children of central government employees can also apply for the admission process. They have to show their parents/guardians native certificates who have been serving in Tamil Nadu for last five years continuously.
- Daughters & Son of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre Officers can also apply for this exam.
- Age Limit:Candidate’s age should be not less than 18 years & not exceed 25 years.
- Relaxation:There is an age relaxation for the reserved category as per the university rules.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to complete their 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM as a compulsory subject from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score 50% marks (General Category), 45% marks (OBC Category) & 40% marks (MBC, DNC, SC, ST & SCA Category).
Here, we are providing a tentative schedule of TNEA 2018 admission:
|Notification Release Date||In the month of April 2018|
|Application form Availability Date||3rd week of April 2018|
|Form Filling Last Date||Last week of May 2018|
|Merit/Rank List Publication Date||4th week of June 2018|
|Counselling Started||4th week of June 2018|
How to Apply:
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to:
Secretary, TNEA, Anna University,
Chennai – 600 025
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
TNEA Merit List:
The admission into engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu will be based on class 12th Percentage. Candidates, those scores good marks in 10+2 examination, the priority will be given to them. On the basis of 12th percentage, the authority will release rank list. The TNEA Results/rank list will be published in the 4th week of June 2018. Candidates will get admission in the engineering Institution on the basis of the merit list.
TNEA 2018 Counselling:
The counselling of TNEA 2018 will be carried out according to merit and category-wise reservation of seats. Higher ranked candidates will be called for counselling of TNEA 2018 first and have more options to choose from. Candidates can pick their choices of branches and colleges from the available options at the time of counselling. Counselling will be held in offline mode and the candidate has to be present in person. If the candidate is unable to attend counselling for some unavoidable reasons, the parent of the candidate is allowed to attend counselling on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates who get shortlisted for counselling of TNEA 2018 have to pay the counselling fee either through Cash or DD. On the day of counselling, the candidate must also bring along originals of all relevant documents.
71 Millers Road,
Bangalore – 560 052.
Tel. +91-80-2228 1131,
Fax. +91-80-2225 2350
Sona College of Technology,
Thiagarajar Polytechnic College Road,
Salem – 636 005,
Phone : 91 – 427 – 2443545, 4099999
Fax : 91 – 427 – 4099888.
E-mail Id : email@example.com , Website:www.sonatech.ac.in
SONA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY ADMISSION 2018
Admission Procedure, Fees Structure, Eligibility, Application Process
LEAVE YOUR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ADMISSION PROCEDURE , APPLICATION , ELIGIBILITY , INFRASTRUCTURE , CUT OFF WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ..
Sona College of Technology Review 2018
Sona College of Technology Review 2018
Sona College of Technology, one of the top ranking engineering colleges in India, has achieved global identity through its involvement in research in recent technology and successful completion of projects and products. Situated in Salem, Tamilnadu, the southern part of India, Sona is the best destination for engineering aspirants.