The Department of Computer Science and Engineering in Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has been progressing towards excellence in the field of teaching and research. With a team of dedicated, experienced and qualified faculty members, the department has witnessed tremendous growth in academics and research. Major research areas include Image Processing, Multimedia Mining, Evolutionary Computing, Network Security and Wireless Networks. The department is progressing towards setting up of research laboratories and R & D centers.
The department offers B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering and M.Tech in Computer Vision and Image Processing. Regular interaction with software companies has helped the department in maintaining its syllabus abreast with technology and industrial standards. The rigorous learning environment has helped make students job-ready.
- Curriculum based on recommendations of IEEE-ACM Joint task force on Computing Curricula
- Right combination of courses from Humanities, Basic Sciences, Engineering, and Computer Science
- Mathematics courses to supplement the Computer Science requirements
- Unique course in India on “Computational Thinking for Problem Solving” to aid in better logical thinking and strengthen programming skills
- Innovative use of tools and programming languages like Scratch, Raptor, Python and Visual Java
- Industry case studies in courses like Software Engineering, Database Management Systems and Data Mining
- Project based courses to integrate the theoretical and practical aspects of computer science
- Courses reflecting industry trends like Machine Learning and Data Mining, Cloud Computing, Service Oriented Architecture, OS for Smart Devices, Pervasive Computing, Big Data Analytics, etc
- Open Labs for tech geeks and coders to take up competitive coding
- Curriculum prepares the students towards internship at industries, Research labs and Exchange Programmes at International Universities