Amrita University Coimbatore admissions 2018,is a multi-campus, multi-disciplinary research university that is accredited ‘A’ by NAAC and is ranked as one of the best research universities in India. The university is spread across five campuses in three states of India – Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, with the University headquarters at Ettimadai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
The university continuously collaborates with top US universities including Ivy league universities and top European universities for regular student exchange programs, and has emerged as one of the fastest growing institutions of higher learning in India.The university is managed by the Mata Amritanandamayi Math.
B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Chemical Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Civil Engineering, 4 Years
B.Tech in Information Technology, 4 Years
B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 4 Years
• The candidate must have been born on or after 1 July 1996.
• The candidate should have qualified the 10+2/equivalent examination.
• In the qualifying exam, the candidates must have secure 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Along this, individually in these subjects, the candidates must have also secured at least 55% marks.
• Candidates withholding three years Diploma in Engineering degree, as awarded by State Board of Technical Education, with 60% marks may also apply.
The 400 acre campus is well planned with infrastructure like academic buildings, adminstration wing, central library, hostels, guest house, staff-quarters, shopping complex, swimming pool and play grounds. The campus has built-up area of over 28 lakhs sq. feet linked by 7 km black topped roads. Eight hostels accomodated 5000 students. A swimming pool meeting Olympic standards is utlized by students, staff and others in the campus. Two power houses are installed with total generating capacity of 1660KVA to meet the shortage in power supply. Amrita also provides uninterrupted power and water supply round the clock.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Central Library is a valuable partner in user’s pursuit towards excellence in learning and research. Our value lies in the valuable information resources, services and facilities that we provide to all users. The Central library has a carpet area of 81,000 sq feet. The library has been automated by the Libsys software. We have the open access system. We have a wide range of library materials that cater to various learning resources of 58103 books, 377 Periodicals, 3000+ online e-resources like e-journals, e-books, conference proceedings, e-databases and standards, 2650 Project reports, 7086 back-volumes, 4781 CD/DVDs resources and 14 Daily News Papers.
Separate hostel facilities are provided for girls and boys. Their stay in the hostel enables them to imbibe a holistic lifestyle with activities like yoga, sports and extra-curricular activities. There are eight hostels in the campus which accommodate above 3500 inmates. P.G students and final year U.G students are allotted single rooms. All hostels are equipped with solar water heater for hot water supply.Pure vegetarian food prepared under hygienic conditions is served in the student dining halls and the canteens from a central Kitchen. Night cafeteria is attached with all hostels. Students are not permitted to live in rented houses, lodges, either alone or in groups. Amrita attaches great importance to the nature of lifestyle in the campus. Tobacco, in any form and any other intoxicants are strictly prohibited.
Campus-wide computing and networking infrastructure design
Hosting the campus network operations centre and network services
Administration of computer labs
Conduct of IT Training programs
Technical support to all departments on IT enabled services
Maintenance of all hardware and software systems
Maintenance of learning resource facilities
Why Join Amrutha:
• Ranked 50th among ‘Top 100 Engineering Institutes for Research and Teaching’ in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (MHRD) in 2016
• Placements provide with reputed companies
• Scholarship provide to meritorious and deserving students for M.Tech program
• Constituent schools of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
• AICTE approved
• International linkages, tie-ups and memorandum of understanding for joint research, collaborative programs, internships, etc
• Opportunity to participate in ‘Semester Abroad’ program amongst more than 60 foreign universities across Europe, US and Asia
• Research articles published by faculty in highly reputed national and international journals
• Faculty including Ph.D holders with rich experience from leading organizations and universities
• Organizes various national and international conferences, seminars, workshops, colloquia, contests, training programs, etc.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (University)
Amritanagar Post, Ettimadai
Coimbatore – 641 112
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: +91 422 2685 005, +91 422 2685 004
Fax: +91 422 2652 125
Email:email@example.com , Website:https:www.amrita.edu