Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Pondicherry Admission 2018
Year of Inception of College: 2006
Status: Recognized(Pondicherry University)
Annual Intake (Seats) : 150
About Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College :
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital (SMVMCH), Pondicherry was established in 2006 managed under the Sri Manakula Vinayaga Educational Trust to provide quality medical education to the aspirants belonging to the weaker sections of the society. SMVMCH is affiliated to the Pondicherry University. SMVMCH’s philosophy is to provide world class quality health care services to all sections of the society at an affordable cost with emphasis on philanthropy. Towards the above objective, the hospital has well qualified and dedicated medical professionals, para medical staff and managerial support who regularly enhance their skills to the most contemporary world standards.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Facilities:
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital Central Library is the best among the medical college libraries of Pondicherry
- Also equipped with an E- Library
- 16 hours service with supporting staff.
- Spacious 2400Sq. mt.
- Medical books 14730 nos.
- More than Journals 250 nos. (including back volume of Foreign and Indian Journals)
- Medical CD‘s 914 nos.
- Audio visual equipment, internet, Xerox facilities, Uninterrupted power supply.
- Separate Departmental Libraries.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital digital lab equipped with 40 ultra modern computers of 100 Mbps Internet bandwidth speed is available round the clock within the college premises for the benefit of Staff and Students.
Proquest Full Text 900 and Abstract 300 Online Medical Journals MD Consult, Elsevier electronic product of 84 Full Text Online Medical Journals and 50 leading medical reference E books (Latest Editions). Drug database, Patient Handouts, Medical News, Practical Guidelines, CME, and Medical Images are also available.
N-List (National Library and Information Services infrastructure for Scholarly content) having 55,000 E-books and 2,100 E-journals.
Printout facilities, Uninterrupted power supply.
Lecture Halls and Auditorium
- Six well furnished and spacious Lecture Halls each with a seating capacity of 200
- Seminar Halls for each department
- A well furnished auditorium with a seating capacity of 325
- Specially built Exam hall for 300 students and Air Conditioned CME Hall
- Demonstration rooms at each department
- Halls equipped with latest Audio- visual equipment like OHPs, LCD projectors, Computers, Cordless Microphones etc.
Sports Complex with facilities for Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Tennis and Cricket at the same time in different venues. The complex is located near the hostels and staff quarters. The second phase of the complex that includes pavilions with seating facilities, swimming pool, gymnasium etc. will be completed in a phased manner.
The College provides facilities for transport of staff and students. It operates buses and vans from Puducherry and Villupuram covering most Puducherry state, Villupuram and Cuddalore districts of Tamilnadu State.
Separate transport facility is offered for those who wish to spend their time after 5.00 p.m. in the college for utilizing Internet, library, Digital Library, Sports facilities and so on.
Hostels & Dining
- Proximate to college, Hospital and Playground
- Balcony attached single, double and triple rooms
- 300 seated Mess facility
- Game facility
- Recreation rooms
- Un-interrupted power and water supply
- Communication facility
- Separate hostel facilities are available for male and female students in the campus.
Campus has been provided with well maintained, hygienic canteen, which serves variety of menus including, Chinese, north Indian at subsidized rate. College has separate herbal garden, which has variety of rare plants. It is also provided with a large effluent treatment plant, rain water-harvesting system, Post office, Banks with in the campus.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Course Offered:
General Medicine and Surgery
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Fees Structure 2018 Call 9700019482
NEET UG 2018
Eligibility Criteria – NEET UG 2018
Students should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen. OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National candidates must have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit is 25 years (for General and OBC candidates) and 30 years (for other categories) on the date of exam.
NEET UG 2018- Application Form, Exam Dates, Admit Card, Result Info
NEET 2018 Examination is likely to be held on 6th May (Sunday) 2018. NEET 2018 Application Form will be released in the month of January 2018. It is the national level examination for admission to MBBS & BDS courses. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is the conducting authority which organizes the NEET examination every year in various cities across the country.
Students can check here the exam dates of NEET 2018 entrance exam:
|Application form release
|Last date for filling the application
||4th week of January 2018
|Last date to submit the application fee
||Last week of January 2018
|Release of admit card
||1st week of April 2018
||6th May 2018
||1st week of June 2018
||After result declaration
NEET UG 2018- How to Apply?
The detailed application procedure is mentioned below:
- Students can avail the NEET 2018 Application Form via online mode only.
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1400/- (for UR & OBC) and Rs. 750/- (for SC/ST & PH).
- The fee payment can be made via online mode (debit or credit card).
- Payment can also be done through the e-challan of Syndicate, SBI, ICICI Bank or HDFC bank.
NEET UG 2018 Exam Format
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 examination is mentioned below:
- No. of Question: Total 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
||No. of Question
Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the NEET Admit Card. The admit card will be released in the 1st week of April 2018. The authority shall not provide the admit card by post. The NEET hall ticket will contain details like Candidate Name, Father Name, Category, Photograph, Roll Number, Exam Date & Timing, Exam centre, etc. Candidates are advised to preserve the admit card till the admission process gets over.
NEET UG 2018 Result
The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website. Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use. A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
Counselling Details for Seats under 15% All India Quota
Students will be able to participate in the counselling process according to their rank. Counselling for 15% All India Quota will be organized by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode. Counselling for other than 15% All India Quota will be managed by the respective authorities.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College Contact Details:
NH – 45A, Madagadipet
Phone : 0413-2643000, 2643014, 2643031
EMail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.smvmch.ac.in
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College MBBS Fees Structure Admission Procedure Contact 9700019482