Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology B.Arch Admission 2018
AVIT is located on Rajiv Gandhi Salai (Old Mahabalipuram Road) about 50 kms from Chennai in lush, sylvan surroundings, far from the madding crowd. Having said that, it is not too far from the IT Corridor and TIDEL Park where IT giants such as Wipro, TCS, INFOSYS and Cognizant, to name a few, have their offices. Chennai is the Detroit of South Asia with several automobile giants like Hyundai, Ford, Mahindra and Nissan–Renault. Besides these, there are also manufacturing plants making auto-ancillary components for 4-wheelers and 2-wheelers like the TVS group of companies and Simpsons. The strategic location of these companies is helpful to engineering students for training as well as placements. In addition, there are also automobile testing centers located here. The recently proposed southern economic zone in Sholinganallur on the I.T Corridor is sure to attract more investments from both within the country and overseas. Many MNCs have their offices in Chennai. All of these factors certainly provide greater opportunities for young and enterprising engineers.
All the campuses of the University designed eco-friendly and landscaped with extensive gardens, Plantation with recycled water. The entire university campuses are maintained as non smoking zone.
AVIT has spacious Confrence Hall & Digital Class Room which include facilities like
- Internet connectivity
- Audio visual aids
- Public address systems
The Central Library of AVIT is the knowledge hub of the college and disseminates knowledge wide and deep. The central library serves the following objectives
- Ensure optimum utilization of the resources available in the library.
- Ensure easy access to the facilities available to all the staff and students.
- Encourage and foster a reading habit among the staff and students.
- Helps the staff and students participate effectively in the teaching-learning programs of the college.
- Serves as the center of information for the college and provides easy access to national and global know how to all the staff and students.
- Improves collection and services on a continuous basis in consultation with the users/ stakeholders.
- Provides appropriate and comfortable ambience for the library users.
- The AVIT Central Library is the heart, mind and soul of the institution. It is also the nerve center of the college and the fountain head of innovation, inspiration and insight both for the students and the faculty.
The Institution has hostel facility for boys and girls in individual blocks each with the capacity of 1000 and 400 respectively. The hostel mess caters to the requirement of all the inmates with both North Indian and South Indian food varieties in their regular menu. The institution has huge play ground with football and basketball courts. The indoor game facility and recreational facility are available both in the campus and in hostel. Separate gymnasium for boys and girls is available in the hostel. An ambulance facility is also available round the clock. An ATM Center is established in the campus through ICICI Bank
Gymnasia has 12-station multi-gym facility. The gym is spacious and well equipped with modern imported equipments. It has centralised air-conditioning and audio and video facilities.
Qualified gym instructors are available round-the-clock to train students specifically for their respective sports. This gym has separate timings for men and women.
AVIT is well connected by public transport system.. The college can be reached in an hour’s drive from Adyar, Chennai city.The college also operates fleet of Buses covering key locations in and around Chennai, to facilitate the students and staff community.
AVIT has dedicated Internet Leased line which is accessed from anywhere in the campus which helps the student in their academics
- 16 mbps premium internet bandwidth with 1:1 connectivity
- Wi – Fi enabled campus