Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences Admission 2018
Year of Inception of College : 2009
Status: Recognized ( Dr.MGR University)
About Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences :
Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of medical sciences and research was founded in 1993 by Thiru S. Regupathy, B.Sc.B.L, Former minister of state, Government of India.Its maiden venture was the establishment of J J College of Arts and Science, Pudukkottai in 1994. In 2001, Karpaga Vinayaga College of Engineering and Technology blossomed near chennai in a 65 acre campus on the GST Road. Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences, Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences and Karpaga Vinayaga College of Nursing followed suit in the same campus in a short span of time. A 650 bedded multi-speciality hospital is also functioning within the campus.
Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Facilities:
KVIMS uses innovative learning methodologies for students to understand the technical concepts with ease. Karpaga Vinayaga College of Engg., & Tech has 22 online audio-visual/ multimedia classrooms with capacity of 65 each. It comprises of all modern equipments for presentations, video lectures, online material access etc., inside each classroom. It also provides facility for accessing NPTEL Video lessons of renowned IIT Lecturers from the classrooms
Library is the heart of an academic institution. KVIMS college library has been establishing an excellent collection of books, journals and non-book material in science, engineering, technology, humanities and management. It is a learning centre for all students and staff members to make the best use of the library that has been carefully built up since the inception of the college. The library is housed in a spacious area of 6708 sq.ft., fully computerized and air-conditioned with Reference Section, Magazine Section and Stack Area. KVIMS library proudly records that presently there are more than 41,000 books and reference volumes stacked for the benefit of staff and students. There is a well established media resource centre. There are as many as 234 professional subscribed journals.Constant addition of titles and volumes in all the fields of Engineering, Management, Basic Science and Humanities is the regular facet of our library. Every effort has been made to obtain all titles recommended by the college council.Newspapers, weekly and fortnightly magazines of repute are subscribed to enable the student to acquire knowledge to keep shoulder to shoulder of day-to-day trends. To facilitate the assessment of book catalogs, the library books are all digitally coded with bars and computerized automated OPAC system.
Location of the hostel is within the campus premises at a walkable distance from the mainstream building. There is a mineral water plant at our campus which provides purified drinking water to our students at hostel and college. The hostel is equipped with Wi-Fi facility and there are internet centers within the campus to ease the necessities of our students. Laundry service is available at all hostels, which again makes it convenient for the students. The hostels are provided with a 24/7 RO water facility and every day the students are issued Daily Newspapers for reading and getting themselves updated. Gym facility is available for both boys and girls separately
It has three blocks of teaching medicine with pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical subjects. Students are given excellent training in academics and also encourage in extra-curricular and sports activities too.
Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences Courses Offered:
Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences Fees Structure 2018 Call 9700019482
NEET UG 2018
Eligibility Criteria – NEET UG 2018
Students should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen. OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National candidates must have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit is 25 years (for General and OBC candidates) and 30 years (for other categories) on the date of exam.
NEET UG 2018- Application Form, Exam Dates, Admit Card, Result Info
NEET 2018 Examination is likely to be held on 6th May (Sunday) 2018. NEET 2018 Application Form will be released in the month of January 2018. It is the national level examination for admission to MBBS & BDS courses. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is the conducting authority which organizes the NEET examination every year in various cities across the country.
Students can check here the exam dates of NEET 2018 entrance exam:
|Application form release||January 2018|
|Last date for filling the application||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee||Last week of January 2018|
|Release of admit card||1st week of April 2018|
|Exam date||6th May 2018|
|Result announcement||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling starts||After result declaration|
NEET UG 2018- How to Apply?
The detailed application procedure is mentioned below:
- Students can avail the NEET 2018 Application Form via online mode only.
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1400/- (for UR & OBC) and Rs. 750/- (for SC/ST & PH).
- The fee payment can be made via online mode (debit or credit card).
- Payment can also be done through the e-challan of Syndicate, SBI, ICICI Bank or HDFC bank.
NEET UG 2018 Exam Format
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 examination is mentioned below:
- No. of Question: Total 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the NEET Admit Card. The admit card will be released in the 1st week of April 2018. The authority shall not provide the admit card by post. The NEET hall ticket will contain details like Candidate Name, Father Name, Category, Photograph, Roll Number, Exam Date & Timing, Exam centre, etc. Candidates are advised to preserve the admit card till the admission process gets over.
NEET UG 2018 Result
The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website. Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use. A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
Counselling Details for Seats under 15% All India Quota
Students will be able to participate in the counselling process according to their rank. Counselling for 15% All India Quota will be organized by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode. Counselling for other than 15% All India Quota will be managed by the respective authorities.
Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences Contact Details:
Karpaga Vinayaga Educational Group Office
Kodambakkam, Chennai – 600024