Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences BDS Admission 2018
Year of Inception of College : 2006
Status: Recognized (Dr.MGR University)
About Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences:
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences is affiliated to Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University and approved by the Medical Council of India and the institution is run by PADANILAM WELFARE TRUST KULASEKHARAM. Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS) Trust was formed by Shri. late K.V. Krishnan Nair, father of Dr. C.K. Velayudhan Nair, inspired by the ideals of his father, the late Dr. Velayudhan Pillai.
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences Facilities:
The campus has an auditorium with air conditioned where the cultural events, annual days, meetings, inter-college events are held. The College Auditorium has a fixed stage and can accommodate thousands of audience comfortably.
The Multipurpose auditorium is a resourceful addition to the infrastructural facilities of SMIMS useful for large gatherings of students for functions, cultural meets etc.
The library is provided with excellent facilities and ample spaces with lots of natural light for quiet reading, group collaboration, individual research and recreational reading.
Facilities available in the library
- Fully automated
- Book Bank / Question bank.
- Photocopying facility
- Internet facility
- Online journals
Abundant clinical information including surgical procedures, clinical situations etc are recorded and available as audio / video tapes, and compact disks. A good number of reference books are available at the departmental libraries also. The library works on all days from 8.00 am to —- pm. Facilities for photocopying are available in-house.
- Single bath attached rooms with separate boys and girls hostel in the campus under the care of resident warden.
- Rooms are provided with a cot ,cupboard, table and a chair
- Additional rooms for interns and postgraduates.
- Scientifically designed, fully automated, hygienic kitchen and a buffet mess
- Fully mechanized laundry.
- Continuous water supply with a reverse osmosis water treatment plant.
- 24 hour electricity supply with generator back-up.
- Separate television viewing hall.
- Reading room with all leading news papers and periodicals.
- Telephone booth, indoor games hall, well-equipped gymnasium, sprawling playfields and round- the-clock canteen facility.
- We have a branch of City Union Bank and ATM in our Campus. This facility is availed by all our students and faculties. It facilitates easy access for students to carry out quick bank transactions.
- The stationery store in the institute to make the course books and other reading materials available for the students.
- Both indoor and outdoor games are encouraged for the development of well-balanced, young medical graduates.
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences Courses Offered:
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences Fees Structure 2017 Call 9700019482
NEET UG 2018:
Eligibility Criteria – NEET UG 2018
Students should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen. OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National candidates must have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit is 25 years (for General and OBC candidates) and 30 years (for other categories) on the date of exam.
NEET UG 2018- Application Form, Exam Dates, Admit Card, Result Info
NEET 2018 Examination is likely to be held on 6th May (Sunday) 2018. NEET 2018 Application Form will be released in the month of January 2018. It is the national level examination for admission to MBBS & BDS courses. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is the conducting authority which organizes the NEET examination every year in various cities across the country.
Students can check here the exam dates of NEET 2018 entrance exam:
|Application form release||January 2018|
|Last date for filling the application||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee||Last week of January 2018|
|Release of admit card||1st week of April 2018|
|Exam date||6th May 2018|
|Result announcement||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling starts||After result declaration|
NEET UG 2018- How to Apply?
The detailed application procedure is mentioned below:
- Students can avail the NEET 2018 Application Form via online mode only.
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1400/- (for UR & OBC) and Rs. 750/- (for SC/ST & PH).
- The fee payment can be made via online mode (debit or credit card).
- Payment can also be done through the e-challan of Syndicate, SBI, ICICI Bank or HDFC bank.
NEET UG 2018 Exam Format
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 examination is mentioned below:
- No. of Question: Total 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the NEET Admit Card. The admit card will be released in the 1st week of April 2018. The authority shall not provide the admit card by post. The NEET hall ticket will contain details like Candidate Name, Father Name, Category, Photograph, Roll Number, Exam Date & Timing, Exam centre, etc. Candidates are advised to preserve the admit card till the admission process gets over.
NEET UG 2018 Result
The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website. Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use. A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
Counselling Details for Seats under 15% All India Quota
Students will be able to participate in the counselling process according to their rank. Counselling for 15% All India Quota will be organized by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode. Counselling for other than 15% All India Quota will be managed by the respective authorities.
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences Contact Details:
Padanilam Welfare Trust, Padanila Kulasekharan,
Kanyakumari – 629161
Phone : 04651-280866, 280745, 280740, 278551, 278250
EMail : email@example.com